Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Between fall and winter

Monday: rest
Tuesday: run 4.05 miles
Wednesday: run 5 miles

My legs are feeling a little tired from this weekend's efforts. It's not the distance, but the speed. I'm used to running 10-10:30's for my long run, but we ran a 9:30-10:00 pace.

Today is my favorite running weather. Overcast, breezy, and in the mid-40's. I can wear my running shirt and shorts with my favorite cotton (gasp!) long sleeve T-shirt. I feel cold for the first five minutes, but then I'm comfortable for the rest of the run. The temperature is just above the point where my legs sting from the cold.

I run through Belmont and up Belmont Hill. It's been a long time (pre-marathon as a matter of fact) since I've done this run. I manage to get up the mile long hill without too much trouble. I fly on the downhill and stretch my arms out and let my legs go. It's a great day to be a runner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home