Monday, November 06, 2006

Progress

Wednesday: nada
Thursday: run 3 miles
Friday: run 3 miles
Saturday: run 3 miles
Sunday: run 5 miles

Weekly total: 17 miles

I'm beginning to feel comfortable with my running again. Of course now that I've written those words, it probably means it's all going to come crashing down around me. All of the three milers were a little tough, but I've been pushing the pace (just a little) and I finish feeling good. I'm not fast, but I feel strong.

Yesterday's "long" run felt wonderful. It was sunny and brisk outside with a slight wind and absolutely perfect for running. I went out with the intention of running slow and without effort and I did just that. There's something inherently pleasing about heading outside with the only goal being to cover a distance. Some days I want to hit a certain pace and other days I want to push the pace at a specific mile. But when you set outside with the only goal to be run 5 miles (and you're not entirely convinced you can make the distance) and you do it with no problem, then it's a glorious day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home