Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Decisions

Last week: run 16.75 miles (3/3/3/3.75)

Monday: run 4 miles
Tuesday: run 4 miles

In my usual haphazard fashion I am suddenly considering running a marathon. In February. This all started at the beginning of this year where I decided to run Boston on no training. I think I left myself around 2 1/2 months to train. This time I have three months before the Cape Cod Marathon and I think I can do it. I wrote out a mini-training schedule and that's usually the last step before signing up for the marathon. I think I'd like to do a little experimenting with the schedule though by making my long run 18 miles instead of the standard 20. I seem to run better with less mileage, so I'm going to test that theory. My longest run before Boston was 16 miles and although my feet were burning throughout the race, my legs never really felt tired. Perhaps 18 will be the magic number. Hmmmm, I'm going to take a day or two to think on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home